[DogParkList] MacDoppler Pro Lunar tracking?

Dave hartzell hartzell at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 16:04:54 EST 2006

Hello,

I'm curious about tracking the moon....I see that MacDoppler offers
the "moon" as a satellite.  Another package I use (Predict) also
offers tracking as a built-in option (e.g. no TLE updates).

What I've noticed is that both of these packages have different (but
close, e.g. +/- 6 degrees) Az/El values at any one time.

>From my brief reading, TLEs are not offered by CelesTrak since the
standard SGP4 algorithms do not apply to a large celestial body like
the moon.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

73s,

Dave,