[DogParkList] New Intel MAC Pro, MacLoggerDX, Keyspan USA-49W and Kenwood TS-2000?

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Fri Oct 20 15:04:46 EDT 2006

Hi Scott,

On 20-Oct-06, at 2:49 PM, Scott A. Blystone wrote:

> All,
>
> I am a recent Mac convert (about 8 months), but I have over 20
> years of professional experience with PC's and the IT business in
> general. I have just purchased a new Mac Pro and a Kenwood TS-2000X
> and would like to facilitate radio control with MacLoggerDX. The
> TS-2000 has a built-in level converter and has a male DB-9
> connector requiring a straight-thru connection. I'm looking at the
> Keyspan USB 4-port Serial Adapter, model #USA-49W. It also has a
> male DB-9 connector, so I would (in theory) need just a female to
> female DB-9 cable.

Yes.

> Will this Keyspan unit work with MacLoggerDX and my Mac Pro? Has
> anyone used this Keyspan unit?
>
> Thanks!

I have used a MacPro and a TS-2000 with Keyspan serial adapters.

We use the TS-2000 on the satellite gateway and is normally
controlled by MacDoppler...

<http://www.dogparksoftware.com/mdpxgateway.html>

It works fine - just remember to load the latest Keyspan Universal
driver (v2.3)...

<http://www.keyspan.com:16080/downloads/>

I haven't tried the #USA-49W but the 19 and the 28's work great.

I have noticed on the Mac Pro that the Keyspan's may be finicky about
which usb port or hub you plug them into but if they show up in the
Keyspan Serial Assistant they will work with MLDX.

Let me know if you run into any problems with it.

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro at dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
     iChat AV:dogpark at mac.com