[DogParkList] Proxy Problems!

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Tue Oct 3 21:12:53 EDT 2006

Hi Scott,

On 3-Oct-06, at 8:48 PM, B. Scott Andersen wrote:

> Interesting. OK. Well, Greg, let's turn
> the proxy off (which seems to work for
> some).
>
> Don: these QRZ requests using their goofy
> XML interface are just more port 80 traffic,
> right? Or, are we using a different port?

No - they are using port 80.

> It shouldn't make a difference since the
> connection is initiated inside the firewall,
> but who knows if this box is sniffing and
> doing something special for port 80 traffic...

It's not the box - it's the direcway proxy server.

> Anyway, do you agree that if free lookup
> works then the premium one should also work?

Yes but it doesn't.

> Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

All is know is that direcway customers can get the QRZ online service
to work in MLDX with dialup but not with direcway.

Same computer - same program  different ISP.

I think the key is that the server is "online.qrz.com" not
"www.online.qrz.com"

Try "www.online.qrz.com" in your web browser - it doesn't work but
"online.qrz.com" does.

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro at dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
     iChat AV:dogpark at mac.com