[DogParkList] Proxy Problems!

B. Scott Andersen bsandersen at mac.com
Tue Oct 3 20:48:39 EDT 2006

Interesting. OK. Well, Greg, let's turn
the proxy off (which seems to work for
some).

Don: these QRZ requests using their goofy
XML interface are just more port 80 traffic,
right? Or, are we using a different port?
It shouldn't make a difference since the
connection is initiated inside the firewall,
but who knows if this box is sniffing and
doing something special for port 80 traffic...

Anyway, do you agree that if free lookup
works then the premium one should also work?
Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

-- Scott (NE1RD)

On Oct 3, 2006, at 8:09 PM, Don Agro wrote:

> Hi Scott,
>
> On 3-Oct-06, at 8:02 PM, B. Scott Andersen wrote:
>
>> So: If the free lookup works and the premium (that requires
>> the username/password) doesn't, we have only to figure out
>> what is different between those two modes. If the free one
>> doesn't work, then we need to go back to Don and try to see
>> why.
>
> The key is the directway proxy server.
>
> A google of "direcway proxy" will show the tip of that nasty
> iceberg...
>
> http://satellitetv.digitalinsurrection.com/direcwaytweak.php
> http://kb.hughesnet.com/al/12/2/1060.htm
> http://kb.hughesnet.com/al/12/2/1060.htm
> http://www.satsig.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?
> board=direcway;action=display;num=1130566243
> http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,14574016
>

> 73 Don Agro VE3VRW
>
> D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .
>
> email: dagro at dogparksoftware.com
>   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
>     iChat AV:dogpark at mac.com

B. Scott Andersen  | "Magic is real, unless declared integer."
bsandersen at mac.com | -- The collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt
Acton, MA (NE1RD)  | http://homepage.mac.com/bsandersen