[DogParkList] Proxy Problems!

B. Scott Andersen bsandersen at mac.com
Tue Oct 3 20:02:57 EDT 2006

Greg,

Hi. They key things here are Firefox works/MLDX doesn't, I think.
If you can get Firefox to successfully do the lookup, that means
the router and sat-link are working fine.

If you use the "Free Internet Lookup" in the "Station Info"
box and then enable the "Free Internet Lookup" in the "Lookup"
section of the "Prefs" panel, does that work? Since that is
doing (I'm guessing) about the same thing that Firefox is
doing, that should work. If it doesn't, we've REALLY got
something interesting.

I could be wrong, but I'm guessing there is nothing wrong
with the router/link. I'm also guessing that the request/
response to QRZ should work fine without you poking extra
holes in your firewall since you are initiating the connection
on your end, sending a request, and getting a response back
along the same connection (complete guess--Don? Does is that
right?)

So: If the free lookup works and the premium (that requires
the username/password) doesn't, we have only to figure out
what is different between those two modes. If the free one
doesn't work, then we need to go back to Don and try to see
why.

My 2-cents.

-- Scott (NE1RD)