[DogParkList] MacLoggerDX SSID issue

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Sun Aug 27 09:59:30 EDT 2006

Hi Neal,

On 27-Aug-06, at 8:18 AM, Neal Campbell wrote:

> I run dx clusters under the callsigns 3nc, k3nc-1, k3nc-2. I
> registered my
> program under the call k3nc. So when it tries to connect to the dx
> cluster,
> it automatically enters k3nc, which is a cluster callsign to my
> cluster
> systems, hence it does not pass spots (it thinks its talking with
> another
> cluster). Therefore, I need to add an ssid to my registered
> callsign so it
> can look like a user. If I enter a  ssid  in the info dialog box,
> of course
> it says I am unregistered. I would much prefer to add a ssid to the
> registered callsign than register as k3nc-3 (for instance).

MacLoggerDx sends the same base call to the dxcluster as it does to
the registration module.

Currently if you register as k3nc then k3nc/p k3nc/mm etc. will all
also work with the registration module but the base call k3nc is
still what is sent to the dxcluster login routines.

Even if I strip out SSID's in the registration process the same base
call k3nc will still get sent to the dxcluster login.

I don't have any problem registering your call with a SSID if that is
what you want.

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro at dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
     iChat AV:dogpark at mac.com