[DogParkList] Re: DogParkList Digest, Vol 11, Issue 11 - Review

David Ferrington 2E0XDF at Alphadene.co.uk
Thu Aug 25 02:47:52 EDT 2005

All I can say is, there are 34 reviews on eHam and all but one are
positive+, without a negative one, people might have got suspicious ;-)

It's still great software and I still think unbeatable on any platform.

Although the review states there are positive points, the number of
significant positive points are not stated to offset the negative ones. It's
not a very well balanced review (and before someone states that my review
further down is not balanced, I'd have to agree; how many hours would you
waste trying to find something negative enough to outweigh the positive).

I don't think of it as in development, I think of it as developed with
ongoing super-support. Since new rigs and changes to licence etc are always
coming along and as more people use the software, positive enhancements come
to light, it's only natural that additions and features are required.
What is amazing is that they happen so regularly and with such a turn round
time. Ok, there is the odd bug (there's always one more bug), but they are
fixed immediately they are identified.

I'm a developer of infrastructure software for one of the largest banks in
the world, I know how hard it is to do this and I wish I could do it as well
as Don.

It really IS an excellent program.

73s
--
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a
fool forever. -Chinese proverb