[DogParkList] Scripting with MLDX?

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Tue Jul 26 05:46:55 EDT 2005

Hi John,

On 25-Jul-05, at 11:33 PM, John Zaruba Jr wrote:

> Well Gang,
>
> Now that I have my K2 / PSK 31 issue resolved (it helps to have the
> filters set on the correct side of the BFO zero beat) I am up and
> running with cocoaModem and MLDX. I had a nice chat with a station
> in Tennessee for an operational check.
>
> I saw some reference to user scripts on the MLDX web page and was
> wondering if:
>
> 1. Log information could be transferred from cocoaModem to MLDX ?

Yes, version 1.15 of cocoaModem exposes several variables that can be
used for logging...

<http://homepage.mac.com/chen/cocoaModem/current/Documentation/
WhatsNew/whatsnew.html>

> 2. I thought I saw something like that in a user script, but it
> seemed as though it was specific to an Icom rig. Is it rig
> specific, or could that function be implemented with the Elecraft K2?

Richard's (VE2OTT) scripts were written for the Icom IC-756ProII and
a modified MLDX band plan specifically to set one mode on the radio
and log another ("USB-D" and "PSK") but they could easily be modified
for the K2.

The latest beta version of MacLoggerDX will also allow you to "set
mode to "USB"" for example, as long as that mode is supported by your
radio. (Normally the mode is set by your band plan and the "set
frequency" command.

Have a look at Richard's scripts and let me know if you have any
questions or need help modifying them for the K2...
<http://www.dogparksoftware.com/mldxscripts.html>

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro at dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
     iChat AV:dogpark at mac.com