[DogParkList] minimac and linksys router + EchoMac

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Sun Jun 26 09:24:01 EDT 2005

On 26-Jun-05, at 8:20 AM, Bernard Sternberg wrote:

> am currently using minimac- long way from original 'fat mac'! (and
> many intervening macs) echomac was working fine- until i put in
> linksys wireless router!  i also have dell laptop in system here
> while i vacation in summer in rochester, ny. echolink stopped
> working on laptop as well.
> tried all sorts of solutions- no go- until i took router out of
> line.  everything purrs along nicely now.
> also using tiger 10.4.1- what an operating system! in past have
> used many systems, including AMOS for Alpha-Micro- over 30 years ago!
> bob, aa4ee

Sounds like a port forwarding problem.

I use EchoMac here with a Linksys router and have to forward the
EchoMac ports (5198-5200) to the IP address of the computer I am
running EchoMac on.

I never could get 'port triggering' on the LinkSys to automatically
figure out what computer is running EchoMac, but 'port forwarding'
works fine.

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro at dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
     iChat AV:dogpark at mac.com