[DogParkList] MLDX Problem(s) TS-570

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Tue Mar 22 19:43:07 EST 2005

Hi Lon,

On 22-Mar-05, at 6:56 PM, Lon Kinley wrote:

> I am having two problems with MLDX (v4.0.6):
>
> (1) It will not leave the rig in MEMORY mode. Whether I make the
> change in MLDX or on the TS-570, after 30 seconds to a minute the
> software switches the rig back to the last used VFO.
>
> (2) No matter how I try to set up SPLIT it refuses to "take". As in
> the above, it happens no matter which way I do it - from the software
> or from the rig.
>
> I figure I am doing something wrong in both cases, but for the life of
> me (and I've RTFM'ed several times :) )I can't figure out what.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lon N3ZKP

I won't be back in the office until tomorrow but here are some starting
points...

1) MLDX can't do much with the rig when it is in Memory mode any way -
it is designed to work with the VFO's but it should still set it to the
last memory used and leave it there.

2) I will look at the driver tomorrow - some of the Kenwoods support a
split command and some others we have to set the VFO's in a specific
manner - can you send me a debug log containing a few attempts to set
the split and to set memory mode ?

(Please enable the "Debug" check box in the "Prefs" Panel and send me
the file it creates in the MacLoggerDX folder - it will be called
something like "Fri, Apr 9, 2004.dbg".)

Could you use the latest beta fro this ? (I will be making changes to
the TS-570 Driver in the beta version)

Thanks,

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro at dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
     iChat AV:dogpark at mac.com