[DogParkList] MacMemoriesManager & FT-857

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Wed Jan 19 18:38:35 EST 2005

Hi David,

On 19-Jan-05, at 6:16 PM, David Ferrington wrote:

> Appears to me that I can only communicate to my FT-857 via the
> microHAM USB
> interface if MLDX is active too. Regardless of combination of starting
> MMM,
> MLDX and 857, MMM only comms with *%& if MLDX is running. Otherwise it
> says
> 'Radio Not Found'. Even then it often says 'Radio not found'.

Very strange ! I just tried it here (MMM+microHAM+FT-817) and it works
with or without MacLoggerDX running.

Check settings of your radio...

menu item nr.20 - must be CAT
menu item nr.19 - must be same baud rate as in MacLoggerDX.

When MacMemoriesManager polls radio and driver is correctly installed
than you will see GREEN led blinking on interface. When radio responds
you will see RED led blinking.

> And when I loaded the contents of the radio mem to MMM, it loaded a
> load of
> mem I hadn't set. Also, I don't appear to be able to set mem back to
> radio.

Definitely sounds like a communication problem, please enable the
"Debug" check box in the "Prefs" Panel and send me the file it creates
in the MacLoggerDX folder - it will be called something like "Fri, Apr
9, 2004.dbg".

> And what is the second column, a checkbox labeled 'LO' for?

LO is "Lock Out" and is supported in the FT-857 Driver...
<http://www.dogparksoftware.com/MMM/MMM%20Manual/Manual/Pages/
matrix.html>

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro at dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
     iChat AV:dogpark at mac.com