[DogParkList] Re: MacLoggerDX microHAM keying Icom IC-706ProII

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Thu Dec 2 06:21:22 EST 2004

Hi Jozef,

On 2-Dec-04, at 5:05 AM, Support - microHAM wrote:

>> I will see if I can get MacLoggerDX to ignore the CI-V Transceive
>> mode data bursts
>
> Yes, it's possible but to communication routine needs to be added
> additional
> "intelligence". You must monitor CI-V for activity before you send
> some data
> over CI-V and as a validity check you can use your own echo who is
> always
> present on CI-V.
>
> 73 Jozef

Thanks Jozef, I have released MacLoggerDX4.0.3b2 which should fix the
problem.

<http://www.dogparksoftware.com/MacLoggerDX.html>

The Icom drivers in MacLoggerDX should now operate with or without CI-V
Transceive mode turned on and with a 0 ms command delay.

I think the Transceive mode problem was always in MacLoggerDX but
opening and closing the port occasionally didn't present a problem
until the keying circuits made it obvious by keying the transmitter.

Thanks,

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro at dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
     iChat AV:dogpark at mac.com