[DogParkList] MacLoggerDx, Icom 746pro and rigblaster

Don Agro dagro@dogparksoftware.com
Sun, 24 Oct 2004 06:18:50 -0400

Hi Tod,

On 24-Oct-04, at 2:06 AM, Tod Glenn wrote:

> Grreetins all,
>
> I am trying to get my Ic-746prom, rigblaster and MacLoggerDx 3.9.9 to
> all
> play together.   Rig control seems to work fine, but I can get the
> keyer to
> work.  It seems that rig control won't work without RTS being checked,

Yes, this is true for a number of rigs including the IC-756.

> but the CE keyer also wants to use DTS.

I am not familiar with the CE Keyer - do you have a web page URL for it
or did you mean the CW Keyer ?

Do you mean DTR ? or do you mean that the rigblaster requires the use
of the same line as the Icom ?
I have heard that some rigblasters don't work well with Mac serial
ports. They expect a +/-12V signal, not +/-5V.

You can configure the MacLoggerDX Keyer to use DTR or RTS or both for
CW.
The PTT can be controlled by DTR, RTS or a software command.
You can use them in any combination - subject to the serial port
requirements of the radio.

<http://dogparksoftware.com/MacLoggerDX/Manual/Pages/cwkeyer.html>

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro@dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
     iChat AV:dogpark@mac.com