[DogParkList] Hammin' with my Mac issue...

Larry West viggen@mac.com
Sun, 3 Oct 2004 09:57:21 -0400

Believe me, I know my antenna setup is far from optimum. As for the
ladder line, it does run perpendicular from the radiator for most of
it's run, but it is most definitely not all vertical. More in the
horizontal plane. It is not curled up, but does make a "gentle" 90
degree turn towards the chase where the coax runs down to the basement.
I can and should probably provide more coax so that the ladder section
can be straight, if not vertical.

I am hoping to get a long dipole out in the yard soon, but I am almost
convinced it would be easier to setup an inexpensive vertical near
ground level.

The interesting thing is the RF does not seem to bother the Acer laptop
I have, nor the PowerBook G3 Pismo. I'll have to try to set it up
without the ACD monitor to see if that makes any difference.

Larry

On Oct 3, 2004, at 08:56, Lon Kinley wrote:

> Larry,
>
> You can't run a G5RV is an attic. The section of ladder line needs to
> run 90 degrees from the antenna and be straight. It is part of the
> active portion of the antenna and radiates. The little "choke" is
> useless. It's not big enough to do any good. Also, if you have curled
> up the ladder line, that is adding to the problem.
>
> You are definitely getting RF into the computer and/or monitor and I
> don't think you can eliminate it without changing your antenna setup.
>
> Lon N3ZKP

Larry West