[DogParkList] MacLoggerDX and QRZ CDROM

John Quill jquill@mac.com
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 17:54:00 -0400

--Apple-Mail-29--960759937

An even less intrusive way is to copy the folder named "callbk" from
the QRZ_2003 Data folder on your CDROM  to your hard disk and select
that folder as your callbk path in the MacLoggerDX preferences.  If you
do it this way, you will not have to go through the trouble of mounting
the CDROM disk image each time.

John
KB3KIT

On Sep 17, 2004, at 5:01 PM, Don Agro wrote:

> Hi Joe,
>
> On 17-Sep-04, at 4:40 PM, Joe Young wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am using the QRZ CDROM Callbook with MacLoggerDX and it works as
>> advertised.
>> As I have done with my IBM PC, I would like to be able to install the
>> QRZ CDROM, with
>> database, to my G5 hard drive and point to it from within
>> MacLoggerDX. It seems that it
>> should be a simple task; but, I run into trouble when I try to run
>> the "install"  program for
>> the QRZ CDROM.
>
> That is the PC install program. There is no install program for the
> Mac.
>
> Instructions for using the QRZ CD with the Mac are here:
> <http://www.qrz.com/Macintosh/>
>
> Keep in mind that QRZ is the ONLY Ham call book CDROM that is
> supported on the Mac.
>
> I think what you may be trying to do is free up your CD Drive ?
>
> If so - just make a disk image of the CD and mount the disk image
> automatically at startup time. This works with both OS 9 and OS X, and
> leaves your CD Drive free for other things.
>
> 73 Don Agro VE3VRW
>
> D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .
>
> email: dagro@dogparksoftware.com
>   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
>     iChat AV:dogpark@mac.com

John Quill

[...]