[DogParkList] MacLoggerDX and QRZ CDROM

Don Agro dagro@dogparksoftware.com
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 17:01:34 -0400

Hi Joe,

On 17-Sep-04, at 4:40 PM, Joe Young wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using the QRZ CDROM Callbook with MacLoggerDX and it works as
> advertised.
> As I have done with my IBM PC, I would like to be able to install the
> QRZ CDROM, with
> database, to my G5 hard drive and point to it from within MacLoggerDX.
> It seems that it
> should be a simple task; but, I run into trouble when I try to run the
> "install"  program for
> the QRZ CDROM.

That is the PC install program. There is no install program for the Mac.

Instructions for using the QRZ CD with the Mac are here:
<http://www.qrz.com/Macintosh/>

Keep in mind that QRZ is the ONLY Ham call book CDROM that is supported
on the Mac.

I think what you may be trying to do is free up your CD Drive ?

If so - just make a disk image of the CD and mount the disk image
automatically at startup time. This works with both OS 9 and OS X, and
leaves your CD Drive free for other things.

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro@dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
     iChat AV:dogpark@mac.com