[DogParkList] Prolific USB/Serial Adapters

Don Agro dagro@dogparksoftware.com
Sun, 25 Apr 2004 06:36:09 -0400

Hi Brent,

On Apr 25, 2004, at 1:08 AM, Brent Cantrell wrote:

> I've been trying to get it to work with the most recent demo version.
> Everything's updated, I even tried a fresh install after trashing my
> previous preference files.
>
> Is there anything special required to get this to work?  The port
> shows up
> in the pref panes, but all I get is 'Radio not responding'.
>
> I've experimented with both command delay as well as stop bits, but
> nothing
> seems to work.
>
> I've scanned through the FAQ and the docs on the website, any help
> would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> 73
> Brent
> KI4DYA

You probably want to make sure the DTR and RTS check boxes are checked.

The baud rate and stop bits should agree with the radio - 4800 and 2
for the FT-920 I think - but check your manual.

Please enable the "Debug Log" check box in the "Prefs" Panel and send
me the file it creates in the MacLoggerDX folder - it will be called
something like "Sun, Apr 25, 2004.dbg".

Can you send me a screen shot of the "Prefs" Panel as well ?

There may be a problem with the Prolific (or it's driver) under OS X,
here are some links I found when I googled it:

<http://www.osxhax.com/archives/000006.html>
<http://www.kfu.com/mt/mt-comments.cgi?entry_id=6?
<http://www.cycoactive.com/gps/gps_vpc.html>

Thanks,

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro@dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
     iChat AV:dogpark@mac.com