[DogParkList] Re: DogParkList digest, Vol 2 #10 - 3 msgs

Terrence R. Redding Ph.D. terry@oltraining.com
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 18:42:55 -0500

Latest version of MacLoggerDX.

I just noticed that the latest version lists looking up the e-mail address
from the CD as an addition.  I use to be able to pull e-mail addresses from
the online database.  Am I to understand that now, that feature only works
if you have the CD ROM in the computer?  That the program now only looks up
e-mail addresses from the CD, and is no longer able to gather that
information from the Internet?

Of course I don't know what issues compelled that decision, but I will miss
the ability to look the e-mail information up from the Internet.  Even with
the information coming from the Internet I note that a good portion of the
time the e-mail address is not current.  I suspect the e-mail address from
the CD will more likely to be out of date than the information stored on the
net.

The same is true for images.  As I understand it, the image displayed is
drawn from the CD and never from the Internet.  I wish the reverse were an
option.  I posted my image and information at QRZ.COM and would be pleased
to see that information looked up and displayed by MacLoggerDX.

Since that information is posted by the individual hams to be distributed
via the Internet and viewed in browsers, why not make it also available
through MacLoggerDX?

BYW, a few times now I have tried to enter a stations e-mail address in the
e-mail address field and while it appears to be in the field, it was not
used when I generated a eQSL card, and also was not saved when I logged the
QSO.  I haven't tried it in the latest version, but hope the e-mail data
field can now be modified, saved and used when generating an eQSL card.

Terry