[DogParkList] iMac using MacLogger to JRC NRD-525

Don Agro dagro@dogparksoftware.com
Sun, 4 Jan 2004 14:18:28 -0500

Hi Alan,

On Jan 4, 2004, at 1:36 PM, Alan P. Zabarsky wrote:

> Can someone point me to any specifics on how to rig up a USB to=20
> NRD-525 cable to work with my JRC receiver? =A0Please =93talk slow=94=20=

> because I am very green!

You will have to make sure that you have the JRC CMH-532 RS-232 option=20=

card installed in the radio.

You can't hook it up directly - the CMH-532 has a serial interface so=20
you will need some kind of USB/Serial adapter:

<http://keyspan.com/products/homepage-Serial.spml>
<http://dogparksoftware.com/MacLoggerDX/Manual/Pages/cables.html>

Then you will need a cable to go from your USB/serial adapter to the=20
NRD-525.

I think it comes with an RS-232 cable that could be plugged directly=20
into the Keyspan High Speed Serial adapter but you will have to verify=20=

this.

  73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro@dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
     iChat AV:dogpark@mac.com