[DogParkList] ARRL LoTW and Macintosh

Don Agro dagro@dogparksoftware.com
Sat, 4 Oct 2003 09:23:07 -0400

Hi Jim,

On Saturday, October 4, 2003, at 08:16  AM, Jim Schnaidt wrote:

> Anything in the works regarding the ARRL Logbook of the World? Just
> curious if you were planning any implementation?

The first part is already done. MacLoggerDX exports ADIF.

If the ARRL had bothered to provided a TrustedQSL certificate program
for Macintosh as they had for Windows and Linux - that would be all
that is necessary.

There is source code on Source Forge for the Windows and Linux
versions, and it is supposed to be OS Independent but as far as I know
no-one trying to build it under OS X has been successful so far.

I have copied a number of the people who were engaged in this (as well
as the Dog Park List and the Ham-Mac List) to see if there has been any
progress,

On Saturday, May 31, 2003, at 11:38  PM, Steven M.Palm wrote:
> On Saturday, May 31, 2003, at 08:48  AM, Marinus van Opzeeland wrote:
>> I have downloaded the source from the CVS and tried to compile.
>> Obviously got an error but with some work I think this should work in
>> Darwin. Is any off our on list developers already working on this ?
>> If not I may just ask the tqsl guys if they want to help out.
>
>  Ugly... :-(   I just tried to compile the current CVS tree, and am
> getting weird errors:
>
> g++ -O0 -g3 -Wall -I. -I../include -I/src/zlib
> -I/usr/local/ssl/include -I/usr/local/include  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -c -o
> gen_crq.o gen_crq.cpp
> cc1plus: warning: changing search order for system directory
> "/usr/local/include"
> cc1plus: warning:   as it has already been specified as a non-system
> directory
> In file included from gen_crq.cpp:28:
> tqslexc.h:26: looser throw specifier for `virtual const char*
> myexc::what()
>    const'
> /usr/include/gcc/darwin/3.1/g++-v3/exception:57:   overriding `virtual
> const
>    char* std::exception::what() const throw ()'
> tqslexc.h:27: looser throw specifier for `virtual myexc::~myexc()'
> /usr/include/gcc/darwin/3.1/g++-v3/exception:54:   overriding `virtual
>    std::exception::~exception() throw ()'
> make: *** [gen_crq.o] Error 1
>
>  From reading, this has something to do with perhaps a difference in
> g++ 3.1 (used in MacOS X) and 2.95 perhaps used in Linux/CygWin
> development? At any rate, I'm not a C++ jockey, so this is a bit over
> my head.

Best Regards,
Don Agro

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro@dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
       iChat AV:dogpark@mac.com