[DogParkList] ispectrum questions

John Kubie jkubie@mac.com
Sat, 24 May 2003 11:36:18 -0400

I have a few questions about ispectrum (a great product)

1) Is there a manual? I can't find one. (Some of the following
questions might be resolved with manual)

2) What's the difference between ispectrum .2 and ispectrum .3?

3) How do you get "copy" to work best? For me, it works sporadically. I
can "paste" a screen into preview or into keynote (Neat!), but I can't
paste into Canvas 8.  It appears that a pdf is what is in the clipboard
(if that's possible).  also, sometimes the paste seems to come up empty.

4) is there any way to pause the spectrum display before cut-and-paste
operations?

5) It would be great to be able to edit components of the pasted
output; this seems like it would be possible if the info in the
clipboard is a set of objects and vectors.

6) I've had some troubles with ispectrum launching when I don't want it
to.  There seems to be some problem with creator codes. If I remember
correctly (this was a few weeks ago) it launched when I was trying to
run some REALbasic applications I was trying to write.

Very positive note:

I bought ispectrum in order to make a demonstration about the auditory
system for lectures that I give each year. I've been looking for this
type of product for about 10 years. I gave my annual lecture yesterday
and the demo went flawlessly (I had a violin player play open strings
on the violin). Cut-and-paste was used to create a figure to go with
the demonstration.  I didn't use the oscilloscope, but I plan to next
year.  I'm also thinking of making a 5 or 10 minute video demonstration
of the same thing. Lots of fun and, I think, lots of value.

John Kubie