[DogParkList] Re: EchoMac - Anyone try it on PowerBook G3 series?

Paul Williamson kb5mu@amsat.org
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 09:05:43 -0700

At 10:05 AM -0400 4/10/03, Dennis Hudson wrote:
>I cannot connect to some nodes running echoLinux or the bridge .46.
>No errors, just a timeout. I can use the same G3 and connect with
>either javecho or virtual PC and echoLink for windows. (or course I
>take a hugh performance hit with these programs)

EchoMac 1.0 can't handle six-digit node numbers. Perhaps that's what
you're seeing. The problem can be patched by changing MAXID from 7 to
8 (in two .h files) and recompiling.

>Also the status window just displays numbers when idle.

This symptom is also fixed by the same patch, along with most of the
corruption in the station list.

I'm told there will be a new release incorporating this patch or
something like it. Hopefully the official fix will include a more
robust parser of the station list info.

73  -Paul
kb5mu@amsat.org