[DogParkList] EchoMac 1.0 Released !

Don Agro dagro@dogparksoftware.com
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 09:46:34 -0500

EchoMac 1.0 Released !

Dog Park Software is pleased to announce that version 1.0 of N9YTY's
EchoMac client has been released and can be downloaded from
<http://DogParkSoftware.com/EchoMac.html>.

EchoMac is a program written for MacOS X, based on the echoLinux
(http://cqinet.sf.net) program by Jeff Pierce (WD4NMQ), that gives
licensed amateur radio operators the ability to access the Echolink
(http://www.echolink.org) system,

Features:

EchoMac allows any licensed amateur radio user using MacOS X to connect
and talk to another amateur radio operator on a remote system whether
it is a repeater, link, conference room or another computer user. It
can only connect to one station at a time, but if you connect to a
conference server you can talk to as many stations as that conference
server supports.

There is a short delay when you first run the program with your
name/call sign/password as you must be validated before you gain
access. This is handled by Echolink, not by Dog Park Software or Steve
Palm (N9YTY), and may take anywhere from fifteen minutes to several
days, and you can not use the system until this happens.

System Requirements:

* MacOS X with the BSD Subsystem installed. (It has only been tested
with 10.2)
* Sound Input Device (microphone) and output device (speakers)
* Internet connection
* At least 800x600 screen resolution

Support:

This is the first release, and is basically released "as-is". I welcome
your comments and suggestions, but I can not guarantee any level of
support, since my schedule is very full with other commitments. I
wanted to make this available though, so enjoy! It may be enhanced
further as time permits or if any severe bugs are found.

Steve Palm (N9YTY) can be reached at: n9yty@n9yty.com

Best Regards,
Don Agro

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro@dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com