[DogParkList] RE: MacLoggerDX and Keyspan [Incident 020920-000000]

John E Bastin, K8AJS jbastin@sssnet.com
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 10:17:17 -0400

At 11:40 -0400 09/22/2002, Don Agro wrote:

>So far the only other one I have heard of is John Bastin's problem
>with WriteLog running in Virtual PC.
>
>Both of these programs (MacLoggerDX and WriteLog) were trying to
>communicate with an Icom radio and failed to get a proper response
>from the Icom.

Let me clear this up; I'm running a Yaesu 1000MP, not an Icom.

My debug log reads:

09/21/2002 07:05:50->00 00 00 02 10
                ascii:
09/21/2002 07:05:55->00 00 00 02 10
                ascii:
09/21/2002 07:06:16->00 00 00 02 10
                ascii:
09/21/2002 07:06:23->00 00 00 02 10
                ascii:
09/21/2002 07:06:30->00 00 00 02 10
                ascii:
09/21/2002 07:06:36->00 00 00 02 10
                ascii:
09/21/2002 07:06:43->00 00 00 02 10
                ascii:
09/21/2002 07:06:50->00 00 00 02 10
                ascii:
09/21/2002 07:06:57->00 00 00 02 10
                ascii:
09/21/2002 07:07:03->00 00 00 02 10
                ascii:
09/21/2002 07:07:10->00 00 00 02 10
                ascii:

and so on ad infinitum.

The onscreen report seems to alternate between "Cannot open port" and
"Radio is not responding."

The thing that's really disturbing is that this problem makes
MacLoggerDX totally unusable, because it doesn't let me enter
frequencies manually. If I uncheck the "Radio VFO" box, the frequency
display is greyed out and I can't do anything at all, and if I check
"Radio VFO" I can enter numbers into the box but they are not
transferred to the log when I log the contact.

This also prevents me from entering two meter contacts on a radio to
which I'm not connected.

73,
--
   _
  /~\ The ASCII        | J o h n   B a s t i n           K 8 A J S