[DogParkList] Re: RE: MacLoggerDX and Keyspan [Incident 020920-000000]

B. Scott Andersen bsandersen@mac.com
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 10:36:50 -0400

Regarding Keyspan serial interface troubles with MacOS X:

We need to find another program (or even two or more programs) that
also have trouble with serial communications under MacOS X. If we
can show it is not related to a single application then they might
be more interested.

I might have a program that controls a telescope I could try (I don't
know if it is out for MacOS X yet...) and I could also try setting up
a regular serial line between the Mac and a PC or other UNIX workstation.
I'd then Kermit or XMODEM some files back and forth to see if there is
a problem. [If I can remember how to do all this!] Other folks could try
this, too.

On the other front, perhaps Mr. Argo could ask Keyspan for some sample
code they use to drive their own devices. There is a (very small) chance
that Keyspan is testing with something set (buffer sizes increased, etc.)
that MacLoggerDX has not set up. While I believe it unlikely that this
could be fixed by something on "our" end, if it COULD be fixed on our
end we are likely to get a fix much, much sooner!

Just my 2-cents.

-- Scott

--On Sunday, September 22, 2002 4:19 AM -0700 Patrick Merat <pmerat@mac.com> wrote:

> I have also logged a report but they seem to be as interested as Yaesu!!!
>
> Patrick
> ON4LFT

B. Scott Andersen    | "Magic is real, unless declared integer."
bsandersen@mac.com   | -- The collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt
Acton, Massachusetts | Amateur Radio ==> ne1rd
2CA5 D271 985A 6C99 9ADD  781C 3A72 D51B 6DB5 1994