[DogParkList] Keyspan High Speed USB Serial Adapters USA-19QW

John E Bastin, K8AJS jbastin@sssnet.com
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 13:22:25 -0400

At 12:08 -0400 9/13/02, Don Agro wrote:

>Is anyone using the Keyspan High Speed USB Serial Adapter (USA-19QW) with
>MacDopplerPRO(X) or MacLoggerDX on OS 9 or OS X ?

I'm using the Keyspan USA-19 serial adapter (not the high-speed one)
which has worked flawlessly in Mac OS 9, through version 9.2.2.

I recently got Mac OS X.2 and finally loaded it on my PowerBook. I
was looking forward to spending more time with MacLoggerDX (I don't
have a version of FileMaker Pro that runs native in X, yet), but I've
been unable to make the adapter work in Mac OS X. I downloaded the
drivers for X from Keyspan and have tried it with MacLoggerDX _and_
with WriteLog running in Virtual PC. Both of them fail to find the
radio. MacLoggerDX gives me an error "Cannot open port." The port
identification number that shows up in the MacLoggerDX Preferences
matches the port number showing in the Keyspan system preference
panel.

I've downloaded the KeySpan User's Manual and am going through that
right now, trying to find out if I did something wrong.

73,
--
   _
  /~\ The ASCII        | J o h n   B a s t i n           K 8 A J S