[DogParkList] Grid squares in MacLoggerDX

John E Bastin, K8AJS jbastin@sssnet.com
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 10:18:34 -0400

Something I've encountered while using MLD:

Perhaps the Grid Square information shouldn't be something that's
included in the Lookup, or if it is, only look it up from previous
log entries for the particular station.

Some that I've encountered this morning:

VK9ML on Mellish Reef is actually in QH72wo, but MLD shows QH72vj

LW2DX is in GF05tf instead of the MLD indication of GF05tx.

Just for fun, I entered my own call and found that instead of the
correct EN90at, MLD thinks I'm in EN82lh.

And Pat, FR5FD on Reunion Island, though being in LG79pb, is
displayed as LG78sx.

I don't keep track of these things, but VHF operators and others who
record grid square information for contacts may find this troublesome.

73,