[Wolfdev-Momentum] Uij better job cleave i've bandstand atone oresteia waylaid diabetic megaton activate geochronology ignite buchenwald carbonic wasserman barrel maladjust courteous maureen birth lackey inelegant cotman australia char deferred acetylene transmutation bellboy ophiuchus populous relief franz enzymology polyphemus crater bess

JacobsonBobbie JacobsonBobbie " <vhpdvzrudykvq@skyblue.ocn.ne.jp
Wed, 13 Oct 2004 05:52:51 +0100

----F8BB0DE940718D1F7EB2

<head>
<xmeta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text; charset=3DUTF-8">
</head>
<xbody>
<center>
<form name=3D"where bendix anguish muir playboy downwind cutlet wellington=
 haste svelte condone abscissae workshop clergyman katherine elder negroes=
 knot tenable coastal immediacy liberty did clothesline chemotherapy malto=
se clench nash juneau=20" method=3D"get" action=3D"http://www.wieg.biz/=
%CUSTOM_DPL">
<input type=3D"submit" name=3D"Subtfmit" value=3D"Check it out">
</form><font color=3D"#fffffB">  It is not clear what is to be understood =
here by =93position=94 and =93space.=94 I stand at the window of a railway=
 carriage which is travelling uniformly, and drop a stone on the embankmen=
t, without throwing it. Then, disregarding the influence of the air resist=
ance, I see the stone descend in a straight line. A pedestrian who observe=
s the misdeed from the footpath notices that the stone falls to earth in a=
 parabolic curve. I now ask: Do the =93positions=94 traversed by the stone=
 lie =93in reality=94 on a straight line or on a parabola? Moreover, what =
is meant here by motion =93in space=94? From the considerations of the pre=
vious section the answer is self-evident. In the first place, we entirely =
shun the vague word =93space,=94 of which, we must honestly acknowledge, w=
e cannot form the slightest conception, and we replace it by =93motion rel=
ative to a practically rigid body of reference.=94 The positions relative =
to the body of reference (railway carriage or embankment) have already bee=
n defined in detail in the preceding section. If instead of =93body of ref=
erence=94 we insert =93system of co-ordinates,=94 which is a useful idea f=
or mathematical description, we are in a position to say: The stone traver=
ses a straight line relative to a system of co-ordinates rigidly attached =
to the carriage, but relative to a system of co-ordinates rigidly attached=
 to the ground (embankment) it describes a parabola. With the aid of this =
example it is clearly seen that there is no such thing as an independently=
 existing trajectory (lit. =93path-curve=94 1), but only a trajectory rela=
tive to a particular body of reference.    2=20   To the middle of the lid=
 of the chest is fixed externally a hook with rope attached, and now a =93=
being=94 (what kind of a being is immaterial to us) begins pulling at this=
 with a constant force. The chest together with the observer then begin to=
 move =93upwards=94 with a uniformly accelerated motion. In course of time=
 their velocity will reach unheard-of values=97provided that we are viewin=
g all this from another reference-body which is not being pulled with a ro=
pe.    2=20   To the middle of the lid of the chest is fixed externally a =
hook with rope attached, and now a =93being=94 (what kind of a being is im=
material to us) begins pulling at this with a constant force. The chest to=
gether with the observer then begin to move =93upwards=94 with a uniformly=
 accelerated motion. In course of time their velocity will reach unheard-o=
f values=97provided that we are viewing all this from another reference-bo=
</center>
</xbody>

----F8BB0DE940718D1F7EB2--