[Scons-dev] adding qt4/qt5 to scons-contrib?

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Mon May 17 13:09:46 EDT 2021

Just checking if it's okay to pull in the qt4 and qt5 repositories to
https://github.com/SCons/scons-contrib?

Dirk, you currently have these two in your github account, and they're
linked off the wiki page.

Since the qt tool in SCons is useless (qt3 has been essentially obsolete
for 15+ years and Ubuntu versions long since stopped even providing a
runtime, though I suppose an intrepid developer could build their own
from sources if compilers haven't gotten fussy enough that they'd
refuse) - I wanted to add a note to the docs, but I'd rather add one
pointing to scons-contrib than one pointing to a wiki page.

Guess we need a qt6 now :)  though there seems to be effectively no demand.

regards,

-- mats