[Scons-dev] sconsign database discussion

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Tue Feb 23 14:23:25 EST 2021

On 2/23/21 8:59 AM, anatoly techtonik wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 6:02 PM Mats Wichmann <mats at wichmann.us> wrote:
>>
>> I did get a quick implementation going, and the informal timing I did on
>> that were somewhat disappointing.
>
> Disappointing for SQLite or for pickled dict?

disappointing for the use of SQLite.

> Is there still an easy way to do SCons benchmarks and share them?

there's still code in bench/ and in timings/.  It's rotted a bit... I've
done sporadic updates for Python 3 where it was obvious, but some of the
tests are just not useful - e.g/ there's one that tries to time scanning
for includes, and tries to scale itself to an expected amount of time -
and the alogirithm generates so many includes for today's processor
speeds that no compiler will accept them (Bill noted that that test was
scaled for a Celeron-class processor).