[Scons-dev] portability of docbook tests

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Wed May 29 16:05:28 EDT 2019

Just tossing this out here in case anybody has any ideas.  It's not a
big thing, but has led to a bunch of test skips on my own systems, which
don't run Ubuntu, ever since I've been running tests, and every now and
then it irritates me enough to give it a bit of a thought.

A subset of the docbook tests use xsl:import to bring in stylesheets.
But the paths to them are hardcoded, and only correct for Ubuntu
(probably inherited from Debian and shared with other relatives like
Mint), not for other Linux distributions, and certainly not for Windows:

basedir/htmlchunked/image/html.xsl:     <xsl:import
href="file:///usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/docbook-xsl/html/chunkfast.xsl"/>

basedir/htmlhelp/image/htmlhelp.xsl:    <xsl:import
href="file:///usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/docbook-xsl/htmlhelp/htmlhelp.xsl"/>

basedir/slideshtml/image/slides.xsl:    <xsl:import
href="file:///usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/docbook-xsl/slides/html/plain.xsl"/>

rootname/htmlchunked/image/html.xsl:    <xsl:import
href="file:///usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/docbook-xsl/html/chunkfast.xsl"/>

rootname/htmlhelp/image/htmlhelp.xsl:   <xsl:import
href="file:///usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/docbook-xsl/htmlhelp/htmlhelp.xsl"/>

rootname/slideshtml/image/slides.xsl:   <xsl:import
href="file:///usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/docbook-xsl/slides/html/plain.xsl"/>

any thoughts on how one might make these more "portable" and not just
tied to one particular filesystem layout?