[Scons-dev] Appveyor testing platforms

Bill Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Wed Jan 30 16:45:56 EST 2019

By default scons does not use  os.environ's PATH.
The test framework does for some tools though ideally SCons would cover
reasonable default paths for windows tools.

If the install path in appveyor is not a reasonable default, then it may
make sense to have the test find the path and provide it to the test logic.
Otherwise it's more "sconsian" to add the reasonable default into the tool
logic.

Can you add information about the tools provided to the PR summary?
Just trying to make it easier for folks to trace back any logic changes to
infrastructure (and code) to the PR's and their expected effects.