[Scons-dev] Appveyor testing platforms

Daniel Moody dmoody256 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 22:59:25 EST 2019

Appveyor CI used with Github only alots 1 job to run at time. It can take 6
- 10 hours to run all the tests on the all the different Windows
environments. I would like to reduce the redundancy here a bit to decrease
the time it takes for the Windows CI to complete. Appveyor supports two
different versions of windows, Windows Server 2012 (like Windows
8) and Windows Server 2016 (like Windows 10). The two versions of windows
have different versions of software installed such as Visual Studio, MinGW,
etc.

*Currently we are running the tests on these platforms:*

Windows Server 2012
with python 2.7
with python 3.6

Windows Server 2016
with python 2.7
with python 3.5
with python 3.6
with python 3.7

*I propose running the tests on these platform configurations:*

Windows Server 2012
with python 3.5
with python 3.6

Windows Server 2016
with python 2.7
with python 3.7

This should bring the test down to 4-6 hours. Please let me know if you
have any thoughts on the matter.