[Scons-dev] Processed: Re: scons: Python2 removal in sid/bullseye

Bill Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Tue Dec 3 17:32:44 EST 2019

SCons can't tell (in general) if the SConstructs/SConscripts run with SCons
aren't py3 compatible except when user runs scons with py3.
That said we'll be dropping py2 support with SCons 4.0.
Timeline for that's a bit in flux.

That said the scripts installed current expect "python" and not "python2"
or "python3"