[Scons-dev] what do Coveralls messages really mean?

Daniel Moody dmoody256 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 11:52:09 EDT 2018

The owner of the repo can turn off notifications. Also you can set the pass
or fail threshold for the percentage decrease so it won't give the x just
from a small decrease, and you can set a general overall percentage that
causes fail.

As far as coverage changing alot within a single PR (with no code changes
to justify), this issue could come from the parralel builds and travis auto
cancel feature. Travis will cancel a current build, if another build with
the same commit history, but adding one additional commit is started.
Travis is assuming you dont care about the previous build because you made
recent changes.

This can happen while only some of the parralel jobs sent a report to
coveralls, then the other ones get cancelled. Looking at the coveralls
report should clear things up. It has a sort by only files changed which
should connect a report percentage to some code changes.

I think we should turn off the notifications, they are a little
unnecessary. The little pass or fail icon will still be at the bottom of
the PR.