[Scons-dev] should src/engine/SCons/Tool/docbook/util/* be included in the packages?

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sun Oct 7 14:08:34 EDT 2018

Hi there,

and sorry for the late answer...

On 06.10.2018 06:26, Bill Deegan wrote:
> Strange that it's referring to "/usr/lib/scons/SCons/Tool/docbook/utils/xmldepend.xsl",  it should be referring to build/... for the
> unpacked version of the package.
>
> Have you run python bootstrap.py first?
>
> On Fri, Oct 5, 2018 at 1:35 PM Paweł Tomulik <ptomulik at meil.pw.edu.pl <mailto:ptomulik at meil.pw.edu.pl>> wrote:
>
>     The problem still persists:
>
>     I/O warning : failed to load external entity
>     "/usr/lib/scons/SCons/Tool/docbook/utils/xmldepend.xsl"
>     scons: *** [build/doc/user/manual.fo <http://manual.fo>] parserError : xmlParseFile() failed
>     scons: building terminated because of errors.
>
>     should I file an issue on GitHub?

I think that xmldepend.xsl should be contained in the packages. I checked back to SCons v2.3.2 and it was never included right from
the start. Funny that nobody noticed until now, I guess I always tried to rebuild from the sources on my machine...definitely have
to amend my workflow for preparing release packages. ;)

Pawel, please open an issue on github about this, I'll try to look into it as soon as possible.

We should also discuss what to do about the copy of the docbook XSLT stylesheets that are checked in alongside with the sources.
Should these be packaged too, such that the user doesn't have to care about installing them separately?