[Scons-dev] Should we remove python 3.5 from our CI tests

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Fri May 25 17:57:13 EDT 2018

On 05/25/2018 03:44 PM, Bill Deegan wrote:
> We need to test every version we say we support.
> That's the purpose of the CI...

well, sure.

but Python itself pretty much only supports the last two 3.x versions
(there may be some emergency bugfixes later than that, if I recall the
most recent release PEP suggested a 5-year sunset even for that which
would take 3.5 out through 2019).

And Jonathon:

> No way. Distros (e.g. Debian 9) package Python 3.5.

If the model is "support whatever is supported in active Linux
distrubtions", that's a valid point. In fact, by that measure, since
long-term distributions like RHEL7 and Ubuntu 14.04 use 3.4, that should
be on the support/CI list as well.

2.7 is still a supported version, even at python.org.