[Scons-dev] SCons moves to GitHub! https://github.com/SConsProject/scons

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sun Sep 24 07:12:28 EDT 2017

Anatoly,

this isn't quite correct. The figures you show here are for

     - removing the docbook folder, AND

     - compressing the repository.

Your pastebin shows that you don't run a compression *before* removing
docbook. If I do a fresh checkout:

     git clone https://github.com/SConsProject/scons

and then a

     git reflog expire --expire=now --all && git gc --prune=now --aggressive

I get

     git count-objects -vH

     size-pack: 12.26 MiB

So, compressing the repo is a good idea in general, and I'm totally for
it. But removing docbook (which isn't easily possible anyway because our
doc toolchain relies on it currently) would save us only 2MB roughly.

Regards,

Dirk