[Scons-dev] SCons and Conan: an issue for when GitHub issues are ready

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sat Sep 23 07:10:11 EDT 2017

On Fri, 2017-09-22 at 14:18 +0000, Jason Kenny wrote:
> I have talked with the dev that make Conan. They are huge SCons fans. From
> what I understand their customers are big on CMake, so they put effort into.
> I know I have thought of a similar feature in Parts. Conan seems like it
> would be a better option.

With CLion being CMake based there is no option but to use CMake for C and C++
development so Conan must have CMake capability. As far as I know (I have
deleted it) Eclipse supports Make, Autotools, as well as CMake, and there is
SConsolidator for SCons fans. Again though the emphasis is on Make and CMake
to keep the vast majority of C and C++ developers happy. :-(

For me SCons and Meson are the tools of choice, mostly Meson though.

41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk