[Scons-dev] .scons/

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Sun May 21 14:05:30 EDT 2017

On Sun, May 21, 2017 at 4:33 PM, Russel Winder <russel at winder.org.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, 2017-05-21 at 15:18 +0300, anatoly techtonik wrote:
>> I am thinking about introducing project level .scons/
>> directory located in the same directory as top level
>> SConstruct.
>
> I believe there is already a per project capability using the same
> naming as for per person. So:
>
> <project-base>/site_scons/site_tools

Yes. There is. However, the convention is awkward. I'd deprecate it
for something more up to date with modern standard. And those
standards say that configuration for various development helpers
is better kept separated by prefixing it with dotted name.

Another reason is that "tools" concept is not intuitive, because
SCons tools usually wrap real tools and that creates confusion. It
is better if plugins wrap tools.
--
anatoly t.