[Scons-dev] Python 3 issue

RW garlicbready at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 25 19:10:35 EDT 2017

Just to comment on this one
it looks like others have had the same problem as well
https://github.com/datafolklabs/cement/issues/386
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/38802908/importing-module-with-current-directory-imports

I suspect this might be a wider issue with python not supporting relative
imports when using exec_module from importlib

To simplify the problem a bit without hacking scons I tried creating a
small lump of code within site_scons\site_tools (of the example code posted
so far) to see if there's a workaround. Not managed to find one so far

test1.py
```
import os
import importlib.util

#import relative

def path_import(absolute_path):
   '''implementation taken from
https://docs.python.org/3/library/importlib.html#importing-a-source-file-directly'
''
   spec = importlib.util.spec_from_file_location(absolute_path,
absolute_path)
   module = importlib.util.module_from_spec(spec)
   spec.loader.exec_module(module)
   return module

def main():
    root = os.path.abspath(os.path.dirname(os.path.realpath(__file__)))
    modpath = os.path.join(root, 'relative', '__init__.py')
    print(modpath)
    path_import(modpath)

if __name__ == '__main__':
    main()