[Scons-dev] SCons and Clang

Jason Kenny dragon512 at live.com
Wed Jun 21 09:15:59 EDT 2017

I 100% agree.

I have a tool in Parts here: https://bitbucket.org/sconsparts/parts/src/6a57ea6ae48acf491cda5ab8c1d45fd53d4543c2/parts/tools/clang.py?at=master&fileviewer=file-view-default

There are some different options that can show up and a great options to have ( given we have some better configuration support in SCons ) is to have added the to force color output. This is also true for gcc in newer versions. The force of color allows for the useful and pretty output that clang provides to the users, that is turned off otherwise, because we are redirecting text output through a pipe

Jason