[Scons-dev] MacPorts vs Homebrew on MacOS

Managan, Rob managan1 at llnl.gov
Sun Jun 18 11:13:15 EDT 2017

Going from memory here so I may get this slightly wrong.
On OSX back in those versions I learned that the way the Latex installation was done was not in a standard directory but works since OSX adds directories to the standard that are in the file /etc/paths.d and also in files in /etc/paths/ .  We extended the darwin.py initialization routine to add these directories to the ones searched. Not sure if Detect uses those but pretty sure exists() does.

Hope this helps
Rob Managan

Sent from my iPad