[Scons-dev] SCons and Python 3

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Mon Jun 5 11:41:57 EDT 2017

I updated to default/tip and tried using Python 2 – worked fine – and
then Python 3:

|> python3 /home/russel/Repositories/Mercurial/Forks/SCons/src/script/scons.py
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets ...
scons: *** [source/main.d] UnicodeDecodeError : 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0x80 in position 0: ordinal not in range(128)

As far as I am aware, source/main.d is a UTF-8 encoded file containing
only ASCII characters. I am not sure how to debug this, but I can take
a punt with some direction.

41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk