[Scons-dev] Variable Substitution

Jason Kenny dragon512 at live.com
Wed Jul 26 20:51:34 EDT 2017

I don’t think I abuses the values.. but pushed the subst() system beyond what it was orginally design for. The code you are asking for should be:

https://bitbucket.org/sconsparts/parts/src/6a57ea6ae48acf491cda5ab8c1d45fd53d4543c2/parts/mappers.py?at=master&fileviewer=file-view-default#mappers.py-258
lines 258 – 310

replacement for

_concat
_concat_ixes

This is mapped BTW with a fix to scanners

https://bitbucket.org/sconsparts/parts/src/6a57ea6ae48acf491cda5ab8c1d45fd53d4543c2/parts/overrides/scanner.py?at=master&fileviewer=file-view-default

This in general prevent most of the extra subst calls and prevents an issue with Scons getting confused with state that is stroed in the DB that I have seen cause a rebuild after a fresh build of everything. This only happens once. The main goal of this file is reduction of subst calls and to avoid the issue with the rebuild

I should point out all the main overirde ( minus maybe one or two of them) are all in the
https://bitbucket.org/sconsparts/parts/src/6a57ea6ae48a/parts/overrides/?at=master

location. Anything here are items tweaked to improve the Scons system in small, or larger ways. Most all these are easy to move to Scons, and few might call some Parts infra ( such as output code for better error handling or print relacement api.output functions for Part to handle coloring and verbose/ trace messages with logging)

Jason