[Scons-dev] **JUNK** Re: SCons, Mercurial, BitBucket, Git, and GitHub

Gaurav Juvekar gauravjuvekar at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 12:55:59 EDT 2017

Hi,

> 4) Retaining a link to the tigris issue in the migrated issue to retain
> access to patches,etc.  If possible a notation or perhaps a tag that there
> are files on tigris, but if it's painful to do so, then it's not a
> requirement (the tagging).

Couldn't the patches be re-uploaded as gists and then linked from within the
GitHub issue?

> 6) A change to github for source control doesn't need to wait for the
> issues and the wiki to be migrated.  Code first, the rest follow (hopefully
> fairly quickly but immediate is not necessary).

If we want to retain the issue numbers (the numbers could be mentioned as
in tigris comments), we will have to migrate them at the same time so
that someone else doesn't create a issue or send a pull request in the
meantime.

--
Regards,
Gaurav Juvekar