[Scons-dev] SCons, Mercurial, BitBucket, Git, and GitHub

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Tue Aug 29 16:42:30 EDT 2017

Hi Tim,

On 29.08.2017 17:02, Tim Jenness wrote:
> If you can add labels during the import then you could conceivably add
> age-based labels such as “ancient”, “1year”, “2years” or whatever.
> Then you would be able to get some feel for which ones are the old
> ones that have been lingering. That combined with ordering by issue
> number should be enough.

this would probably help. But there are some more things to regard
("problems"?) when migrating to Github. One additional drawback is that
you can't directly attach files to an issue. I found some links today
that may give more food for thought:

https://github.com/JamesMGreene/gc2gh-issue-migrator

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/silverstripe-dev/MXBJoYUHTkg

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7281304/migrate-bugzilla-issues-to-github-issue-tracker

http://numpy-discussion.10968.n7.nabble.com/Migrating-issues-to-GitHub-td31124.html

Overall I still see that we'd lose a lot of information and
functionality, but if we come to the conclusion that we don't actually
need those...it'll be fine with me. ;)
I just don't want people to scream "bloody murder" afterwards and having
to do another migration to fix things. ;)