[Scons-dev] Deprecation checklist and cycle (Was: Removing SCons.Sig breaks bootstrap.py)

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 12:02:25 EDT 2017

Is there a document that lists deprecation cycle and checklist to
go while deprecating and removing features? SCons documentation
used to be perfectly maintained in the past and it would be nice to
see the process continued.

In particular, I would add a point to accompany commits that are
removing features to corresponding talks and information. Does that
sound good?

https://bitbucket.org/scons/scons/pull-requests/445/default/diff

On Sun, Apr 16, 2017 at 9:17 PM, Bill Deegan <bill at baddogconsulting.com> wrote:
> k. that's easy to fix.
> Probably need to add a bootstrap.py step to one of the buildbot workers.
> -Bill
>
> On Sat, Apr 15, 2017 at 10:53 PM, Gaurav Juvekar <gauravjuvekar at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Rev 5b4cf5aec6d3 which removes SCons.Sig seems to break bootstrap.py with
>> error
>> could not find `src/engine/SCons/Sig.py' in search path:
>>
>> Rev f214c734fc32 works properly.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Gaurav Juvekar