[Scons-dev] Help needed on command string

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Tue Apr 11 10:32:24 EDT 2017

In the various D tools, there are file/module command lines:

    env['DCOM'] = '$DC $_DINCFLAGS $_DVERFLAGS $_DDEBUGFLAGS $_DFLAGS -c -of$TARGET $SOURCES'

It seems that the $TARGET symbol is not being changed when there is a
variant build. So the question is what is the official correct way of
introducing the variant build path?

I had a ferret around the g++/gcc/cc/ stuff and it seems that the CCCOM
uses $TARGET. Does this mean the C and C++ builder are not working
correctly with variant builds? I cannot believe this is true, so maybe
there is some $TARGET mangling done in the C and C++ tools that I have
failed to get right in the D tools.

41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk