[Scons-dev] [Scons-users] Can we drop windows native installers if pip install works?

Jonathon Reinhart jonathon.reinhart at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 08:15:37 EDT 2017

On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 3:36 AM, Alexandre Feblot <
alexandre.feblot at gmail.com> wrote:

> And in some controlled environments, there might be no access to internet.
> A self contained installer is still the best solution in this situation.

That's not an issue. Pip will happily install from a zip file, tarball,
cloned git repo, etc. There is no internet access requirement to use Pip.

A lot of Windows users will, out of habit, come looking for "setup.exe",
but considering Pip comes pre-installed with Python 2.7 and up these days,
it'd be trivial to 'pip install scons'.